Saturday, September 24, 2005

for goodness sake, do something...

okay,

i have to admit that i have watched more news last night and today than i probably have my whole life... i cannot fathom what is going on down in the the southern united states... my heart has been breaking all day for the people down there... even though it seems that people have been evacuated better and people are more prepared i cannot help but wonder what a lot of people are going to come back to, if anything at all...

now as i have been talking to timmy b. i have recently discovered that my youth ministry philosophy is sickeningly simple... in fact it is 2 words... here it is: "do something" that is it... just get your hands out of your pocket, your finger out of your nose and do something... love people, spend time with people, invest in people, serve people... for goodness sake, just do something!!!

incase it is unclear there seems to be a connection with the last 2 paragraphs... i am even quite nervous to mention this as i may be called on it... God let my yes be yes, but i cannot get the feelings out of my head that i have to do something for the people of the gulf coast... what that is, i have no sweet clue... send money, pray, i don't know... it seems bigger than that... obviously i need to give this to God but it is almost like He has been breaking my heart for the people there as if He wants me to be there and "do something"... please join with me in prayer regarding this as i try to determine what God is calling me to do here... obviously if He asked me to go i have to go, but there is things here that i have to take care of financially and other responsibilities, but i need to be faithful... this is scary, but it is about time i live this life that i want to live... is anyone else feeling this struggle of complacency? Army of the Lord, it is time to march...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that you should go with your instinct. I just want to encourage you I guess, God tells us what it is we are supposed to be doing with our lives, we need to go for it! God-given dreams have a 'funny' way of working themselves out. :)