Thursday, March 18, 2010

Subtle changes, big doin's...

I find I am so careless with my words and often times do not even realize the power that is in what I say. Lately there have been some confirmation of this fact to me. Without a lot of detail I have been doing a lot of drifting over the past few years. Circumstances have got the best of me and I quietly have drifted into my complacent little fog just floating through life. In those places of life it has become very easy to become bitter, back bite and allow my useless non God glorifying vocabulary to slide its way back in. Not fun...

Yet as of late God has been restoring me to a place where He is back on the throne and where His will is more important than personal preference or desires. In this place I am noticing that God's Word has become part of my conversation again. God's work is flowing off of my lips with a renewed boldness and confidence once again.

Once this process happens the words that have come out of my mouth have seemingly opened up doors for those around me to have some change in their lives. Am I saying that I am saving people? Not at all. What I am saying is that I am getting God back where He needs to be in my life, His Word thus flows more freely and the power in that is hitting people which results in his "overwhelming", awesome work in the lives of those around who recieve His Word. Needless to say, it is so cool to be reminded that God can use a wretch like me. Awesome!!!

So here is the question: How do we use our words? Do we tear people apart or do we build people up and speak God's Words over them? One of my favorite thoughts in the scriptures is when an Old Testament figure was called by God and annointed to do the Lord's work, one of the statements about him was that "his words did not fall to the ground". Do we waste our words on senseless thoughts and violent attacks towards our brothers and sisters or do we love as Jesus loved and restore lives with how we speak to and over people?

Just what's on my mind lately.
Peace

No comments: