Monday, January 23, 2006

all about perspective... chapter 123...

so here we go again... let's start from the top, er bottom i guess... i was driving away from men's basketball tonight and was kind of frustrated because i played like stir fried poo poo... so i was a little distracted... today we had snow, which was new as well... to make a long story short i went around a corner (not very fast) and even though i turned the wheel, my jeep did not turn with the wheels... not a positive thing...

so i slid, and i slid, and then i bounced somewhat violently off of the guardrail... my first thought was "oh no, i can't afford this!!!"

then i pulled over and walked around my jeep to survey the damage... to my surprise, there was no major damage... what??? all that was broken was the plastic that was attached to my bumper... no dents on the wheel well, no damage to the side of my jeep, my tire was not wobbeling... to be honest i was shocked... also at the risk of looking dumb, i forgot to wear my seatbelt and i am fine... maybe i should attribute any ditzyness to this traumatic event?

after i saw the lack of damage and began to drive off two thoughts ran through my head... #1 - my mother was right... jeep cherokee's are tough as nails... or at least tougher than guard rails... and #2 - who the heck was praying for me??? was it you??? please let me know so i can thank you if it was...

once again... all about perspective... bad basketball night... who cares???

1 comment:

Mommy of Four said...

We love our Jeep Cherokees...but we're getting a van tomorrow and selling dane's Jeep....I get the van:( Now, I'll fit the perfect stereotype of "mom"...oh well....it was fun while it lasted...