Sunday, January 22, 2006

Faithfulness + Faithfulness = Less Telemarketers???

so here is my thoughts... pardon me if i get a little vulnerable... i have been struggling as of late and it seems to be a recurring battle... one that i thought i had victory over as a matter of fact...

a very wise person has blessed me with the thought of just being in Christ and to stop trying to be a better Christian... allow myself to be immersed with the presence of the almighty God and let that stir me to be the person that He wants me to be... that is awesome, but... then there is me....

i also had a pretty wise pastor friend teach me that temptation is like those annoying telemarketers that are always trying to sell you that amazing product that you have always wanted and needed, but truthfully will never use... it is so easy to just say no, no, no, no, non, go away, you annoy me, no, then eventually "click", and we hang up...

with respect to my friend of the just be persuasion (i don't think i am disagreeing with you) i had a formula come to mind... faithfulness + faithfulness = less telemarketers... faithfulness to being God's son, soaking up His presence and Word will spur me on to a life (active) of faithfulness... which in turn gives strength to resist the annoying telemarketers of temptation... so i guess there is not less of them and as i think of it, perhaps there is more... formula in progress...

and all of that to say that i need to reunite with my first love and be the son that gives witness to His perfect daddy... hmmmm... let the growing and molding continue i guess... blessings,

scottie

2 comments:

Em Bass said...

I would like to announce that I'm the first one to leave a comment on this post! And in exactly 3 months from today is my birthday! What that has that has to with Scotty: His birthday is exactly one week b4 mine so everyone remember that on the 15th of April go out and buy Scotty a gift!

Em Bass said...

Oops!! Scotty's birthday IS NOT one week b4 mine, silly me- i thought he ment the 15th of April...not febuary! Still go out and by him a gift tho randomly on the 15th of April.( and on his b-day too) It will be called "Scottie receiving random gifts day" haha no-one will remember this...