Friday, July 28, 2006

some highlights...

this will be in a list format since i do not really feel like blogging, but feel that i must since it has been a while...

1) my baby said thank you daddy the saturday before beulah... totally made my life... in fact that one line from vaughn has inspired a sermon... it is such a blessing whenever i get to see the boys...

2) beulah was sweet... it was so good to see some old college buddies and though the time there was brief it was awesome to catch up...

3) white water rafting was sweet... i am so thankful that my mom basically made me go... i was not going to and she told me that whether i liked it or not, she was going to bless me by paying for me... there was a bit of resistance to that idea, but in this case i am glad that momma bear won the battle... it was a blast until i got caught in the white water toilet from hell, but now that i am out, it makes a good story i suppose... probably a good sermon illustration somehow... embarassing stories of me usually are... ugh...

4) after being home for less than 24 hours, sid and i left again and i was able to spend 2 days on caton's sharing a seminar on worship... monday and tuesday morning were my alotted times and it was a good experience... a real growing time in terms of my speaking skills i think... it was truly awesome to spend this time on caton's with tim, sidney (yendis yoj), jason and tyrone... we had a blast and met some amazing people...

5) the TSA concert was great... i loved playing and "them and her" or whatever they were called did great, but TSA is really getting good... plus they are all beautiful human beings who love the Lord and it is evident... good on ya fellas...

6) then i took sid to sussex which means that i can rest this weekend, which i am super stoked about... oh yeah, this weekend is my 10th highschool reunion as well... gonna be fun... on sunday i am blessed with the privelege of leading worship twice, and preaching at my reunion service... huge honor... so i guess i don't get to rest after all...

7) that's all... enjoy the pic... you now know more about my life than i do... love ya'll...

3 comments:

Em Bass said...

Yes...I also think that someone in the TSA band is a beautiful human being:)

Anonymous said...

I like lists :)

Thanks for the update...and for not forgetting any of us cyber friends out here! Have a good week Scottie!

Scottie said...

pepto, i am not sure what you mean??? care to explain...

tal, you are much more than a cyber friend... hey, by the way, when are ya'll visiting my little peice of paridise here on good ole GM...