Friday, November 17, 2006

40 Days of Praise: Day 1

this is a concept that i have seen in a few other blogs through some friends blogs and i was inspired but knew that i was too undisciplined to do it so i left it with them... now i think it is time for me to step up and do this as an act of praise to my all sufficient God... i will not lie... things have been tough lately and i haven't always reacted in the most graceful manner, but God is still working on me and in me and i can see some areas of breakthrough...

some will be serious and some will be random and i may not be able to do this 40 days in a row, but my goal is to do it mon-fri for the next 8 weeks... life will happen and i am sure that i am painting a target on me for the enemy to come at, but it is great to know that greater is He that is in me than he who attacks me...

so here is day #1 of my 40 days of praise...

i thank God for humour... i realize that a lot of times i take life and myself too seriously but i am thankful for humour and the ability to laugh... not too long ago it was tough to laugh and i felt my joy was all but gone... then God tells me to move back home and little did i know who the Lord had for me to hang out with back home... laughter abounds amongst those who are near to me and for that i am thankful... it is great to experience the silliness in life again and not feel like i am a little kid or less of an adult... God has reminded me that amongst the garbage in life and amongst the responsibilities there can stil be laughter... sweet...


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Cry and the world laughs at you.

Look at that guy's arm. It's really long. How distracting. I wonder what he does with it while he's playing. He should take up basketball. I'm pretty sure he could sink a 3-pointer. Dribbling might present more of a challenge, though. But it would be cool for reaching the TV when your remote batteries die. Mine died last night while I was watching Grey's Anatomy. I wanted to get up and turn the volume down, but I was tired, and I thought "Why waste all that energy?" So I didn't. Thank heavens, because I'm pretty sure that if I had made the effort I would have fallen asleep like I did last week and missed the last part of the show. How do you think he is with a jump serve? I'll bet he's not bad. And if anyone makes fun of his jump serve I'll bet he could just reach right across the net and smack that jerk in the head. And I'm pretty sure we all know which hand he wipes with.

Scottie said...

wipes with??? wipes what??? his tears???

Anonymous said...

With such a huge head, I'm sure you can figure it out. And if not, well, two heads are better than one. Or so they say.

Em Bass said...

hehe only the last one made me laugh.

raema said...

I am glad you decided to do 40 days of praise, I guarantee it will change your life and the way you think... it did mine...

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful you aren't really hydrocephalic. It's very distracting/unnerving.