Saturday, May 14, 2005

What a shock and how do I feel?

Well it is Saturday night here on good ole Manan and to most families that means that it is beans and wieners night, but not for me... For me it means that it is time to talk to my boys... Well talk to Lee and listen to my baby squeal in the background... I can't wait til he can talk... Until he learns to talk back I guess...

Anywho, Lee as usual, hit me with a bombshell... He told me that his "real Dad" is moving from Alberta to Fredericton so that he can see him more... Now this may not be right, but I trust this guy about as far as I can throw him... Reason being is that he has not been a part of Lee's life since Lee was around 2 years old... Lee is now 7... But my little boy was so excited... Inside I was being torn apart as the "theories" of what this means and what might happened ran through my head, but I had to be excited for my little boy... As best I could I focused on how great this was for Lee, but what a gut check... To be honest I am scared that I may lose Lee and I also fear that this guy may take off again and break my little boy's heart... Tough spot, but somehow I am getting use to adverse situations lately... How should I feel here???

On a more positive note I met with H.C. Wilson today and we chatted about my situation and now I have more of a peace of what is next, but please pray because I have a big decision to make...

And a quick stat to add to your book of who gives a crap I am going to be joining a men's baseball team that my baby bro is organizing down here and for the first time in my life I am going to be a pitcher... That is scary... But I am excited because I learned how to throw a curveball last week... Hard on my weak arm, but fun... First time on the mound I hit one of my bandmates with an attempted pitch... He is okay... Nothing the emergency room couldn't handle... Okay, enough foolishness.... I'm out... Blessings all...

1 comment:

Mommy of Four said...

Well, Scottie, I've never been in your shoes, so I really have no idea what to say to you. All I know is that, having a son of my own, I don't think I could handle things as well as you seem to be right now. I really admire you for hanging in there so well, and not throwing in the towel! Keep your chin up, buddy...we're praying for you in the Hadfield house!