Monday, August 15, 2005

Off by 24 hours... shucks!!!

so close, but not close enough is all i could say as i just missed a $400/ week job that would have allowed me to still do ministry in the evenings and keep my part time jobs...
my wonderful brother just got back from a week's vacation this sunday and he mentioned that he was speaking to a gentleman who needed another worker to help him make lobster traps for 40 hours a week at $10 an hour so i made the call since the guy was expecting me to and this seemed too good to be true... later on that evening the guy called me and told me that it was last week that he talked to my bro and since he did not hear from me he assumed i was not interested... so the long and short of it is that he hired a lady just the day before i called him... both he and i were kicking ourselves because he said he would have hired me in a second and since i just graduated from good ole BBC last year the government would have paid 70% of my salary... so hear i am with just my part timers again wondering if it is wrong for me to hope that things don't work out with this lady... so to quote an 80's band that i used to like and cannot remember the name of; "So close,yet so far away!"

Still waiting on Jehovah Jirah

1 comment:

Aaron Perry said...

hey...that would have been a sweet job. sorry.

i would love to play softball, but i have no idea what is going on in the fall. stay in touch.