Saturday, August 13, 2005

Praise in the suckfullness...

i have to admit that despite the stressful times when i have no sweet clue as to what is going to happen or how the heck i am going to get out of them it is good to know that God does not change and has a plan... i know that this sounds cliche, but let me explain... to be honest i am still quite anxious as to how things are going to pan out about things, but God reminds me constantly that He believes in me and the abilities that He has given me... this has been evident this summer as God has increased my ministries... Tim and Kirk have a lot of occasions when they have to be away during parts of the summer and on many of those occasions they have asked me to fill in... this includes preaching, leading youth and leading worship (youth and sunday morning)...

in my last church that i attended i was taken out of the ministries that i was involved with due to me being in the midst of a separation... that hurt, but i understood and truthfully did not want for my situation to be a distraction to peoples worship... but now that i am home and had some time to heal God has blessed me with opportunities and two Godly leaders for pastors and good friends... this just reminds me over and over that God's promises are just that; promises... the tough part that i tend to forget is that He will bring me through my other stuff as well... that for some reason i have a harder time remembering... but as i spoke with a lady today i was reminded again of the power that is in praise... how do you make the enemy flee??? one word... Jesus... praise that name and remember His promises, not my hopes or ambitions and we can make it... is it always easy??? heck no... God is faithful and that ain't no cliche...

No comments: