Friday, June 09, 2006

Reflections...

today i am in a reflective mood so there will be no shout outs, unless they go to Jesus and if that is a problem, your issue is not with me... k... so i just finished a week of one on one mentoring, T.A.ing, and tutoring and it has done some things in my mind... beside the thought of our children's education being in trouble with my helping them, i have discovered that i love mentoring... i think i knew this, but being around groups of people (friend, church, classrooms, youth groups, etc...) i have forgotten the value of the one on one time... in today's culture it is so taboo for an adult to have a mentoring role with a young person because some idiot's have ruined it by perverting in ways that will not be discussed... (but we know) nobody trusts anybody anymore because of these things and i have to believe that satan (piece of crap) loves it this way... well i for one will not stand for this... as of late, God has given me a passion for the one on one mentoring role and i think perhaps i may try to find other avenues to persue this passion...

i think we as adults have so much to offer teens and children today, but we do not because we are too affraid, too busy, too uncomfortable or any other lame excuse... what are we affraid of??? making a difference??? i was blessed as a teenager to have many mentors who i knew cared about me and i could chat with them at any time and sometimes i am sure that i did even though it was inconveinent for the adult... yet they still listened...

now i know that i said i was not going to give shout outs in this post, but i have officially changed my mind and hey, it is my blog right? so i guess i can do that... my shout out first off goes to Jesus for loving, providing and mentoring me by His example... also for sending these mentors in my life who at one point or another have been an awesome example in my life: frank and gloria trail, scott and sharon lewis, danny and wendy linton, eliot shepherd, julie shepherd, teena ingersoll, sherri urquhart, rhonda hettrick, troy russell...*** thanks all and i love you... you will never know... i trust that i can only try to make the difference that you have made in me...


*** - this list is only my list of youth leaders while i was in school... many more from other points in my life could and may be added at a later day... ***

8 comments:

raema said...

Good stuff, I have actually been thinking about doing some one on one with a child, just waiting for God to open the doors, or maybe he's waiting for me to walk through them....

Anonymous said...

I am officially not visiting this blog anymore. No new comments to read, no new posts to comment on. You suck as a blogger. Loudly.

Anonymous said...

You have enough time to monitor your comments (Blog Nazi), but not enought to write a new post. Wait..what's that I hear...oh, it's just you...sucktastically sucking...

Scottie said...

wow... either you are a liar steph or you really don't have a life... telling me that you are not visiting this site anymore and then doing it again a mere one hour and thirty three minutes later... consistant much???

and for your info, i am moderating my comments to avoid spam and mean comments to be on my site... you've been warned... from now on only comments that speak life shall be put on this site...

have a nice day stephy poo...

Anonymous said...

Actually, it was more like two days and one and a half hours farty pants...Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, you are my hero and I am looking to you for inspiration in my otherwise dull and dreary life? Huh? Did you think of that before you decided to be my judge and jury? I didn't think so. So before you go telling others to speak life, maybe you should try it yourself. LOL (Lots of Love)

Cassidy said...

10 whole days...

Cassidy said...

11 whole days...

Anonymous said...

Why is your nickname pink?