Wednesday, January 31, 2007

40 Days of Praise: Day 16

I have to admit that today has been tougher for me to find something to praise about for whatever reason... Could be my selfishness, lack of faith or focus on the right things... I'm not sure, but the focus fog sure hit thick today, but there is still something to praise about none-the-less even though I feel I really had to search for it...

Today God reminded me of his past blessings and how He has taken care of me... I was chatting with someone on MSN and discussing some unexpected stressful "issues" that came my way today and I became very frustrated again with "things"... Yet as we discussed these things I went back to how God has got me through "crap" before so I suppose that He would be there for me now too though I am not sure how... As I got to this type of thinking something inside of me squirmed (I don't think it was gas) and I became very anxious... It was almost like I would rather be upset with my situation than have peace and remember God's past blessings... As I think of it, this is a strange comfort zone if you ask me... But like it or not, if I don't ignore the obvious or become hard hearted, God has been there and brought me throught a lot and I guess He ain't done...

As well this week I was given an article that I did for the Christian newspaper sometime last year... It spoke on being in our "ruts" in life and as I read it the Holy Spirit began to convict me with my own words of praise to the God who has blessed over and over...

So though my "Inner Critic" and my flesh don't want me to say this today; I Praise You Father for Your Reminders of Your Past Blessings Because They Remind Me That You Have Been Faithful, You Are Faithful Today and You Will Always Be Faithful... Continue to remind me often if You please...

No comments: