Thursday, February 01, 2007

40 Days of Praise: Day 17

As I have been doing a little reading lately God is challenging me on how I use my time... I believe that He is moving me from being lonely to being alone with Him... That sounded much nicer in my head... crap... Anywho, what I mean is that I think God is changing my perspective on my alone time... Having some insight into others lives has helped me to realize how fortunate I am to be able to be alone and get that intimate time with God...

The thing is this... I basically work from 8:45 to 8 or 9 at night, but it is amazing the way that God has orchestrated these jobs so that I can step back and attempt to "just be" with Him... For example, as I am travelling to work I take a half hour boat ride which is amazing for reading and sitting silently with God... Even in the silence God speaks through the beautiful nature that I see each trip... On the trip back there is a Christian radio station that has a sermon for the exact half hour of my trip... Adrian Rogers is the preachers name and I swear that he is speaking right to me most days... As well with my job during the evening it is so nice to be able to step back and go to my room and worship on my guitar while my student entertains himself... This is so unique and the more I think of it, I am thankful for this situation...

So here it is:
God, I am thankful for the times that YOU have set aside for me to be with YOU... May I take advantage of them and not complain about being bored and lonely... They truly are precious and I don't want to take them for granted anymore...

2 comments:

oljonnyhurd said...

ever the optimist. That's why I want to beat you with a ray of your own sunshine. If only there were more who day to day could share your outlook and not mine, the world would be better off. Bench Strength!

Scottie said...

bench strength... oh man, it has been a while since I've heard that... awesome...

and thanks for the compliment johnny, but i am not sure who you are talking about... i have been more of a complainist than optimist as of late, but God is changing that thanks to some blunt insight from a good friend... how we see things is a matter of perspective and i am learning that i have a choice in how i percieve my life... a lot of days i think i would rather be mad, but that gives me greys (not the show) and i refuse to get old...