Wednesday, February 07, 2007

40 Days of Praise: Day 18

Getting close to halfway there and it has been kind of cool to see how things swing a bit when one's perspective changes. Still hard times and annoying interruptions in life, but it is easier to cope with a more God centered perspective.

Todays praise is for answered prayers. It is so easy to take for granted the "little stuff" that we pray for and just assume will happen. This happened to me on Saturday. The weather was snowy and rotten as I was about to drive to Fredericton to see my little guy, who by the way is a kick butt bowler. Before I was about to get off of the boat I slipped up a prayer asking for safety on the road as I travelled there and back. When I returned to Black's Harbour it dawned on me that God answered my prayer. What caused me to realize this was the fact that I saw a car in the ditch on the way to Freddy, a fender bender in Freddy and a car that slid into the division between the highways between Saint John and Black's. Apparently it only took me three times to notice before I clued into what the Lord was telling me.

So...
Lord, I thank You for answered prayers even if I forgot that I prayed them. You are faithful.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, hi Scottie. Brenda Cober Landry here from BBC. I got your blog from Roni's.
It was neat to see you writing this 40 days of Praise series on your blog. What a great idea! I may do the same thing~ you have inspired me to focus on the blessing and not the not so great stuff. ~ Take care. How old is your son? Dean and I have two girls, 6 and 3. It is fun to keep up with BBCer's on Blogger and to find out what everyone is up to 8 years after grad. When did you graduate?

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott

that's great about seeing the kids. But you indicated KID, don't you have two boys?

Scottie said...

brenda,
thanks for your encouragin words... to be honest, i find it easier most days to complain about something, but that has to change... God is too good for me to be like that... my boy is 2 and will be 3 in june... i also have an adopted son who will be 10 in aug... and i finally graduated in '04... praise the Lord...

fran,
i do have two boys... (one adopted, one biological) things are a bit complicated to explain in this forum, so i guess i will just ask you to pray for the situation as a whole that God will reign over it all... thanks for your concern though... do you have a blog to visit?