Tuesday, February 20, 2007

40 Days of Praise: Day 22

As was mentioned before this whole process of 40 Days has been a changing of perspective time. God has used this time to take things that normally I would complain about or just not like and help me to see the blessing in them. I had one of these moments yesterday.

As has been the case a lot lately, yesterday was a snow day and school was cancelled. Normally this bothers me and I hate to miss days at work. This was the case for yesterday as well, but God redefined some of my thinking. I don't like winter and missing a day of work because of it does not make it any better, but as I was driving home yesterday after a "relaxing" day off I had a moment. There is a car comercial where the guy who is driving his car "arrives" at what he calls the perfect moment and ends up losing it because he got distracted by what was for lunch. Well as I was driving home God blessed me with one of those moments. As I was entering Seal Cove it was amazing. The sky was beautiful and orange, the sun was glistening on the snow, the water on the left was calm and the village just seemed like something off of a post card. As I was put in awe by this beautiful scenery these are the words that I heard in the background being sung to a beautiful acoustic guitar.

How can I keep from singing Your praise?
How can I every say enough,
how amazing is your love.

How can I keep from shouting Your name?
I know I am loved by the King
and it makes my heart want to sing.


As this was happening God took what I normally hate (snow) and revealed it to me as one way that He decorates His creation to bless me with its beauty.

Thank you Lord that You would do that for me. What amazing love You must have for Your children.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I am still floored by your thankfulness blogs. I have to do this too. I may do it in a journal though. You writing it on your blog sure is good accountability to do it til the end though. Praying for you today.